Aluminum Alloy Wire Manufacturer
Elements are added to pure aluminum to give its different characteristics. Aluminum is a very popular alloy used in a multitude of everyday applications. Aluminum alloy wire is lightweight, corrosion-resistant, easy to machine, easy to form, yet strong and durable. The high machinability and formability rates of aluminum make it ideal for production manufacturing.
Aluminum is categorized by grades:
- Grade 1xxx series is pure aluminum and cannot be strengthened by heat.
- Grade 2xxx series is alloyed with copper and is strengthened by heat-treating.
- Grade 4xxx series is alloyed with silicon and is strengthened by heat-treating.
- Grade 5xxx series is alloyed with magnesium and cannot be strengthened by heat
- Grade 6xxx series is alloyed with silicon and magnesium and is strengthened by heat-treating
Examples of 1xxx Series Aluminum applications:
- Chemical equipment
- decorative parts
- electrical conductors
- food handling equipment
- heat exchanger fins
- jewelry components
- lighting equipment
- and utensils
Examples of 5xxx Series Aluminum applications:
- Rivets for magnesium and screen wires
- cable sheathings
- wire screens
- wire mesh
- cold heading
- wire forms
- and hinge pins
Ferrous or non-ferrous, we work with most alloys available on the market today. Below is a list by major alloy family class:
Industries We Serve
SSP works with all major industries on various product applications. Take advantage of our breadth of knowledge on a wide variety of specifications and requirements!